On 2013-01-18 22:02, Chuck Cole wrote:

> [...]

  Chuck, it's pretty intellectually dishonest to dumb down this
conversation to CDMA vs. GSM.  Sprint's first foray into 4G was using
WiMAX, a path they've since abandoned.  They're now re-deploying their
4G as LTE, just as Verizon did well before everyone else.  (I also find
Verizon's commercials touting the largest 4G LTE network similarly
dishonest -- yes, their 4G LTE network is the biggest, because everyone
else's first "4G" deployment used other technologies.)

  Let's see, who in the United States is moving to LTE?

AT&T
Cricket Wireless
MetroPCS
Sprint Nextel
US Cellular
Verizon Wireless

  Curiously, five of those carriers you put squarely in the CDMA column.
  How invested are they in CDMA going forward, exactly?

  Citation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks#Americas
-- yes, it's Wikipedia, but your citation for CDMA vs. GSM was PC
Magazine, and seems out of date for 2012.  I'll take my chances with at
least a joke of peer review.

      Jima