On Mon, 21 Jan 2013, Michael Greenly wrote:

> If you zoom in on the coverage map you'll notice the entire distance on
> 94 is 2G (edge) only.

Yes, I said that, too, but there is a problem when a map at a certain
level shows 4G, but then when you zoom a step it says 2G, then you go to
that place in the real world and there is *nothing*.  I call that "lying"
but it is at least a disconcerting inaccuracy.

> I wonder if the phone was having problems falling back go 2G?

That's possible.  The phone could be bad.  It's a new Nexus 4.  I'm sure I
have all the settings right, though.

The other thing is I get no data service in my home, not even 2G.

> Not that it really matters because edge speeds are next to worthless for
> anything other than im or email.

Well, we used to think 100 Kbps was fast and we'd pay a lot of money to
get it (e.g., ISDN service).  These days web pages are bigger, I'm sure,
but it would be nice to have in a pinch -- way better than nothing!

Mike