Regarding digests -- I have subscribed to digests (not here) and was able
to receive MIME digests and reply to an individual message (e.g., using
[al]pine).  That's nice.  But if people can't do that, or cope with
individual messages (I use procmail filtering), then they really ought to
do this:

(1) change the subject of your reply to match the subject of the message
you are replying to.  Otherwise the subject (like this one) tells us
nothing.

(2) Please, please, do not leave the entire digest dangling below your
message (or sitting above it, if bottom posting).  That's just rude and
wrong and it makes a mess of the archive and of web searches.  Just trim
your reply to leave only the relevant part.  We should all do this,
always.

Mike