I've used Sprint's policy to allow a subscriber to provide his own
compatible phone from anywhere, and bought used phones off ebay.  Just phone
in the the new hardware's ID number and it's the one on the plan within
about 1/2 hour on the national net.  Sprint has no limit on such changes per
day or whatever.  My substitutions have always been in "my plan" even when
different brands of hardware.  Mike might be able to get aphone from
wherever and just activate it.

Chuck