On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, jason reynolds wrote:

> I'm looking forward to trying the phone once it's released. I don't have
> high hopes of it beating out my Android phone.
>
> Remember Openmoko (I think it was them) and their phone to be that never
> was. Just feels like it'll happen again. If they put one out for a
> descent price I'll give it a go.

I use Ubuntu all the time but I had only heard of one of these projects
before today:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Mobile  (defunct)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Phone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_for_Android
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_TV

Interesting.  I had heard of the Ubuntu for Android scheme and it sounds
like a great idea.  It is so appealing that I have to think it will take
over someday as phones become more powerful and any bugs are worked out.

Mike