I'd be interested in renting one as well... I used the SuperCoolScan
5000 in my days in the photolab a decade ago and I want to archive my
father's 5000-slide collection...

I have no problem using bulk loaders - I know they jam but I can have it
scan while I'm working and spend a minute or two an hour unjamming the
auto-feeder.