If you're getting shocks through a floor grate, it sounds like it's just a worn electrical wire, likely due to vibration, as it runs across ductwork in the basement, coupled with poor electrical grounding in your computer case.  The problem, alone, isn't in your home's electrical system, but something likely in the power supply, as well.  You just won't be shocked if your home's electrical is fixed.  Two problems, with a common symptom.

-----
Eric F Crist