Gentlemen,

I installed Bodhi Linux on the ancient laptop and it is working very well so far.

Haven't tried installing printer capability yet (to my wireless Brother printer).

I will definitely also look into Snow...I am intrigued.

On my other, more stable laptop, I dual-booted (Windows 7 & Mint Linux KDE).

Given the excellent advice, I am now thinking of wiping out the Mint KDE partition

and using Mint Debian edition instead.

1.       Is there a safe way of doing this?

2.       What desktop environment comes with the Debian edition?

a.       Or, what would you recommend ?

b.      And, how would I get/install it?

Thanks for the advice on setting up the printer setup!

I'll try using CUPS and the adjustments you mentioned.

-- Nicholas

MWCIA |7701 France Ave S Ste 450 Mpls MN 55435|952.897.6426 |nicholas.korsakov at mwcia.org<mailto:nicholas.korsakov at mwcia.org>