I have an old laptop which can barely run Mint Linux (which I really like).

When I installed the latest version of Mint, I could not find a readily find a driver for my (relatively new) wireless printer.

I can probably work though this, but it is a pain.

Also, I am getting weird imagery when booting...lots of vertical lines for a while and text about my batter life (it's plugged in).

Can you recommend a light distro that would run better on an old, creaky laptop?

Some desired capabilities....

1.       Relatively easy to set up with a wireless printer (Brother)

2.       Has LibreOffice, or is relatively easy to download that package. I love using the spreadsheet (Calc).

3.       Beautiful interface

4.       Lots of free software is available for it with a great support community.

I have run MacPup before and liked it too, but it seemed hard for me to set up my printer...and it was a bit more limited on apps.

Thank you.

-- Nicholas

MWCIA |7701 France Ave S Ste 450 Mpls MN 55435|952.897.6426 |nicholas.korsakov at mwcia.org<mailto:nicholas.korsakov at mwcia.org>