On Fri, 8 Feb 2013, Robert Gilbertson wrote:

> I have mixed results with Flash files also.
> I use a Firefox addon called Download Helper.
> As part of download it allows converting flv to another format like mp4 or
> wmv that may work better in the video player.

I forgot to say that the downloaded file is MP4.  The add on is called
Flash Video Downloader, but the files it downloads are often not flash.

I don't have any trouble playing anything I've downloaded from YouTube.
The files have had .flv, .mp4 and .webm extensions.  Even the 1080p .mp4
file played perfectly without sticking.

Mike