Hello fellow area Linux users.

This is my first root post on this mailing list, of which I have been a
subscriber for a few months, so I hope I get this right.

The last few months I've been developing a tool for using Mono at a lower
level than it has been in the past. The general use case is to simply put
it, is developing kiosk applications with Mono, and deploying them to a
minimal Linux system.
Right now, I'm using SDL as an interface to communicate with the frame
buffer. (At some point, I would like to go lower and talk to the frame
buffer and devices exposed in /dev/ without using SDL) The key component to
this is exposing the frame-buffer as a System.Drawing.Graphics graphics
context. (not using X11)

The sample program I currently have written is a basic clock showing some
simple effects (Drawing text, arcs, and using transparency and linear
gradients) A screenshot of the sample application can be seen running under
windows here:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rA2-96ysTLA/URB7-luv4lI/AAAAAAAABxg/8BXEABOsrDI/s656/Untitled.png

The project is located here, and is published under the BSD license.
https://github.com/longjoel/Sunfish

Here are some of the potential use cases I see potentially being applicable.

* Information Kiosk (weather, status dashboard, rss feed reader)
* Car-puting
* Industrial workstation (Zebra printers, Barcode scanners, RFID systems,
GPIB Instrument communication)

Thanks for taking the time to hear me out on this and give some feedback.

Thanks!