On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Thomas Rieff wrote:

> Thank you to those that tried to help with my Samba Share problem.
> I am using 12.10 Ubuntu Desktop. Finally found a share setting in the Files Browser.
> Set the share and now it works.
> Had the smb.conf all set up but would not let me in.
> Do the desktop Gui's have some sort of dominance over a regular bare server model???
> I had tried everything.

Are you sure that smbd it is reading your smb.conf file?  If the location
of smb.conf was changed, it might be reading a different file and not
seeing your edits.  I just thought of this because looking at the FILES
section of "man smbd" on different machines shows different locations for
the default smb.conf.

Mike