On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Erik Mitchell <erik.mitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on some end of year projects for my business and one of
> those is to get a backup server going that will connect to all of my
> various machines and perform regular backups.

How many machines are we talking about, and what OSs do they run?  If
it's just a couple of personal things, something like BackupPC is
probably best.  But, since you said business, if you have a dozen or
more I'd definitely look at stuff like Bacula and Amanda.  I've
waffled back and forth on the feature lists of those two a bit, and
currently am leaning Amanda.