I ran BackupPC for many years on an old machine.  Worked great.  Someone
else on this list recommended it to me "way back"...

When the OS drive on it had enough (failed), I did not fix/setup a new one;
instead, went directly to cloud.  It's really nice not having to manage
another box.
That's for personal.  Now it's the same for our corporate too...