Wow that's some aggressive pricing! What a deal.

I'm not very familiar with the G series machines. I've stuck with the T
and X series which appear to be more directly descended from the
legendary IBM product lines which Lenovo bought back in 2005. I like
those high resolution matte displays. Not at all sure but I think the G
series is likely more of a regular Chinese "Lenovo" machine. Less IBM,
more Lenovo.

$286 for a brand new laptop seems like a heck of a bargain though. 500gb
and a big 15.6 inch display. Hope it serves him well.

Lenovo must be doing something right as they're pretty much the only PC
manufacturer outside of Apple that's actually growing their market share.

whj