I have access to Linux machines and a couple of Windows 7
machines.  I'd like to know how this software

http://webEbenezer.net/misc/direct.tar.bz2  (*)

builds, especially on systems that I don't have like
Solaris, Android, Windows 8, etc.

A C++ compiler with support for the 2011 standard is
needed.  VS 11 might work, VS 12 works here.

There's a Readme file in the archive which tells about
the makefiles in the archive.  There's a separate
makefile for Windows. On Windows a library and one
executable are built.  On Linux the same library and
executable are built plus a second executable is built.

The file to download is 21,141 bytes at this time so
downloading it shouldn't take long.  On my Linux system
the library and two programs build in 7 seconds.  If
everything goes well, the downloading, tar xf direct.tar.bz2,
and building should take less than a minute.

I'd like to know how it builds on your system.  The only
warning I get with clang 3.3 is: warning: control may reach
end of non-void function.  If it doesn't build on your system,
I'll do what I can to fix that, including possibly installing
that system on one of my machines.

Feel free to keep/reuse the software if you like.  However,
two of the files in the archive are from another developer
and should only be used in conjunction with the rest of
the software.  Those files are quicklz.h and quicklz.cc.
See http://quicklz.com for more info.

Thank you in advance.

(*)  More info here
http://webEbenezer.net/build_integration.html

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - Seek and you will find, knock and
the door will be opened to you.
http://webEbenezer.net