On Thu, 25 Apr 2013, Florin Iucha wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:52:46AM -0500, Paul graf wrote:
>
>> Would anyone be able to work with me on permissions and command lines?
>> I do have a good ability to use chmod and chown I find the 'find'
>> command a bit heavy for myself I need your help.
>
> What are you trying to find?  Try to describe it in plain English and
> I'm sure we'll be able to give you the right incantation.
>
> Cheers,
> florin
>
> PS: Please delete all the text in the message that is not relevant to
> the question you are asking.  It will direct our eyes to what is
> important to you, and make it easier to help you.

Thanks, Florin.  That is all very good advice that would help a lot.

I also wanted to help but was unsure of what to say.  I don't really know
what this is about...

"I am a noob I was wondering about listening in on command lines and
stuff."

...but it sounds intriguing.  So a longer message explaining what you're
trying to do would probably work for you.  I don't know if the question is
about snooping on another user's shell, or about the bash history, or
something else.

Mike