On Tue, 16 Apr 2013, Ryan Dunlop wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Munir Nassar <tclug at beitsahour.net> wrote:
>
>> I share your distaste for Ubuntu, i should point out however that if
>> you are using dist-upgrade you are probably doing it wrong. Ubuntu is
>> NOT debian and doing things the debian way is probably not the best way
>> of doing thing. The command to update and Ubuntu system to the latest
>> release is using the do-system-upgrade command.
>>
>> behind the scenes it does indeed do a dist-upgrade, but it does a
>> little more from what i can tell.
>

> Isn't it 'do-release-upgrade'?

Yes, do-release-upgrade.  That's a good one to know.  I usually just
choose it from the update manager window, but I am using X.

So here's a question -- to upgrade to the latest version, must one upgrade
to each intermediate version in between?  For example, I have a machine
with Ubuntu 10.10...

$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 10.10 \n \l

...(in case anyone forgot how to tell the release version), and if I want
to upgrade to 13.04 in a few weeks, do I have to go through 11.04, 11.10,
12.04 and 12.10 first?

Mike