On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Craig Rosenblum <crosenblum at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I have never run a lamp stack. I have run apache/php/mysql on both
> > windows & linux. But usually using some installer.
> >
> > But I am familiar with httpd.conf, php.ini files, and tweaking them.
> >
> > I am very much a beginner with linux, but would like to just get an
> > entry level or intern job, just to get some practical experience in
> > linux/lamp work.
> >
> > Setting up sites on lamp, doing php programming, mysql database work.
> >
> > I am willing to work for free or cheap, just to get some experience,
> > and have someone take the time to teach me.

If you're really interested in web-dev, focus on the web-dev technologies,
not Linux.  If you're interested in Linux, jump in and start playing.  By
playing, I mean try to do things on Linux using Open Source tool chains.
 You'll inevitably have to spend time reading docs and experiment, and bit
by bit you'll learn.  There's really no substitute for "doing stuff". . .

-Rob