On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Michael Greenly <mgreenly at gmail.com> wrote:
> My last few machines have been Dell Latitudes.  I've been happy with them,
> they're built well.  My current machine is an E6520 which fits you're
> description but they don't seem to be offering it anymore.

I've heard some people say that their Dells were well made, but I
think I'd need to actually handle one to be convinced. I used to do
tech support for a group of professors and their Dell laptops were
always in for repairs. It might've been a volume thing and I was
seeing the 1% that had issues, but it still scared me away.

Lenovo sent me an email last night "we would like to inform you the
estimated shipping date for the order is in the week of 11/14/12.
However it’s only an estimated shipping date and the order may ship
out early as well". I guess I'll just wait and hope that their second
estimated ship date is closer to being right than the original date
(which was Feb 13).

-
Michael