Any opinions on the Samsung SPH-M820?  It has 384 MB of RAM, 512 MB of ROM, and an 800 MHz processor.  It starts around $50 used and $120 new.  (I'll have to check carefully if the unit I buy has Android 2.2 or 2.3, as some of the listings show 2.2.)

If the Samsung SPH-M820 doesn't cut the mustard, Plan B is the Motorola Droid 2 A955, which starts around $80 used and $120 new.  It has a 1.2 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM.

The HTC Google Nexus One units have Android 2.1 on them.

I've eliminated from consideration several models that were getting too many bad reviews on CNet or Amazon, that I was unable to find reviews on, that are on Android 2.2 or earlier, that aren't on Google Play's list of compatible devices, etc.

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com>