I have 2 seperate ways of accessing the imdb data. The 1st one isn't 100%
foolproof, as it has problems with data with comma's in it. And I didn't
write that part, just put it together.

If you go to http://www.imdbapi.com/?t=movie name it returns the result as
a json data set.

jQuery for those of you who don't know is a very powerful javascript
library for manipulating all kinds of web related features, data etc.

One of the thing's it's great at is sending/receiving data in different
formats on a web page. Such as xml, json, csv's, etc.

So i have to have different times i need to access the imdbapi site, one in
the bash file to get the correct movie title, year and poster url, then in
the player.html page which grab's the imdb data again to make sure i didn't
miss anything in the bash and then displays all the up to date, imdb data.

On the wall page, I am using a jQuery polaroid wall plugin/effect that
enables me to drag n drop the movie poster's around, altho after I added
the click event, so that when you click on a movie poster it goes to the
player page, to play it, the drag and drop doesn't work so well.

I have 2 major problems that i am trying to figure out lol.

1. How to get the video page to play a local file:// video/movie

2. How to store the data for all the movie posters, in a way that is
accessible on all the html pages.

After I figure both those out i plan to finish tweaking the layout and
design of the player pages.

This may end up being a waste of time if the browser can not or will not
playing video files that are stored locally.

In the previous version I just used the bash file to fully generate the
wall.html with all the div's full of the movie data, and that worked, but I
also want to have access to the same data on the player page, but in a
different way, such as a scrollable thumbnails that let you choose a
different movie.

Anyway's that's what i'm working on.