As mentioned below Bash can be a valuable asset; not that Perl and
Python can't be one. You don't have to learn it all in one day. That
being said; there is a Bash script by h2 and trash80 call inxi. I
believe is is Mints repos; I know it is in ArchLinux repos. That
script is h2's baby he has added so many features. I'm pretty sure
there is not any original code. He is the best programmer I know that
has pushed Bash to the limits and beyond for getting things done.
Definitely pro material.

gkey