> I'd recommend at least a P4 and a Nvidia card - Microcenter has a Geforce
> 210 (fanless) made by Zotac for around $48 - plus there's a $15 mail in
> rebate.

Note, according to the details I've seen, the 210 doesn't haven enough
horsepower to do full HD decoding with all the bells and whistles:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU

Ended up going with a 220 card myself... and couldn't find a fanless
one.  But, I can't hear the fan over the cpu fan anyway.

Also, if you are working in a small case... the fanless cards tend to
have huge heat sinks.  Which may intrude on another slot that you
need.

In my combined backend / frontend - things were a bit cramped down
there:  http://armbrust.dyndns.org/gallery/d/33861-1/_2010+-+03_+-+Myth+TV+Build+11.jpg

Things to consider.

Less of an issue when you are using external capture devices like the HDHomeRun.