My personal 2 cents worth is to avoid anything from m$ for any type of internal product.  This allows you to support more platforms than just m$.  One place I worked at years ago used Mozilla for every platform except m$, which used exploder.  Many of the problems around browsers were related to exploder on m$; the rest of the platforms had lot fewer problems.

I'm a bit biased - I run real operating systems on my hardware at home!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mr. B-o-B" <mr.chew.baka at gmail.com>
To: "TCLUG" <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:20:17 PM
Subject: [tclug-list] OpenOffice or LibreOffice

Hello, and a good day to you all.  I am in the process of migrating many
of our companies applications currently running on an old Citrix
Presentation Server 4.0 to the latest greatest XenApp Server.

On the old server we are using M$ Office 2003 (mainly Excel for the
applications that export data).

The new XenApp server is going to need to have a spreadsheet
application.  This leaves me with the following:
1)	I could use M$ Office 2003 again
2)	OpenOffice.org
3)	LibreOffice

I do have Office 2007 over here, but all the licenses I have do not
allow for running in terminal server, and M$ Off 2010 is out as they
finally caught on & have turn this into a licensing nightmare (not to
mention the high cost for just Excel basically)

I have been playing with both ooo's & libre's CALC program.  They are
both decent, but I am leaning more towards ooo.

I know Libre has become popular.  ooo source has been turned over to
Apache, but the future still looks unclear to me.

My question is to you all if you had to use Excel 2003, OOO Calc, or
Libre Calc in a production environment what would you use & why?

Thanks!

Mr. B-o-B