That's why I went to the VOIP line for my "regular phones" around my house,
and kept my old number.    I had to pay over $60/mo for crappy phone
serviice, no web features and no long distance.  The $14.95/mo service from
Phonepower has unlimited national plus some international and great web
access features.  I disconnected the local lines outside and plugged my
router in a phone jack so now all phones work well and have 911,  etc.

Chuck