So after writing that I went looking for a replacement for the keyboard and
I found SlideIT which isn't incredibly fast but is fun and kind of
impressive how it figures out what you are trying to type.  I also looked
at thumb keyboard which does have a better layout for typing with your
thumbs but I didn't like it as much.

At this point I'll try SlideIT until the free trial runs out and sees if I
still like it add much.  either way to typing is much better than it was
with the default keyboard.

--j

This entire email was written with SlideIT, splendidly prestigious digit
manipulation (long words are even more fun) o_O