I figured I'd post this here before throwing it up on Craigslist and
see if any other geeks are interested.
I've had this laptop for a few years, and it still works great for
everyday use.
It's a 15" laptop with a CoreDuo CPU. (not Core2Duo, meaning 32-bit only)
It has 2GB of RAM, 120GB hard drive, DVD+/-RW, and otherwise is pretty
standard for a laptop of that generation.  Wireless is b/g(no n) and
the Ethernet is 10/100. (no gigabit)  Build-in stereo mic, but no
webcam.
The battery is in good condition, which can be verified before purchase.

I currently have it set up to dual-boot Windows XP Pro, which is what
it came with, and Linux Mint.
I have installed Linux Mint and previously several versions of Ubuntu
with no issues.
XP, on the other hand, complains that some system devices have no
drivers.  I'm not sure what they are, since all the hardware is
accounted for and working.  I think it's a better option than the
bloatware and confirmed spyware that it came with, though if you
really want that stuff back, I think you can still buy a recovery CD
from HP.  They provided no such thing, as is typical these days.  The
make-your-own-recovery-media program was a fail.

I'll leave the system dual-booting for the buyer to verify both
Windows and Linux working well, unless you prefer otherwise.  If you
want, I can provide a CD with the Windows drivers, or an nLite CD to
reinstall from with the appropriate drivers.  Any recent Linux distro
should require no such worrying.

I'm thinking $150 is a reasonable price.  Contact me off-list if
you're interested.
Thanks,
- Justin