it could also be that the php can not find the command "cvlc".  when
you are on a command line there are environmental variables that
define where to look for commands

from the command line type "which cvlc" this should return a full path
to the command. something like
"/user/bin/something/cvlc"

then in your script replace the command with the full path.

exec("/user/bin/something/cvlc dvb:// :dvb-adapter=1 :no-video --sout
'#standard{access=http,mux=asf,dst=10.10.1.53:8181}'");