On Mon, 24 Dec 2012, Kenneth Lynes wrote:

> I know that the person is not asking this, but it would seem that it
> might be possible to bring along some ram for that laptop. I think that
> ddr is probably used and it would be easy to find 512mb modules really
> cheap now and bring a couple of them along so that the laptop could
> actually run some program after booting up. 1gb ram would seem minimal
> to run most anything - even on linux.

I'm in Ecuador.  I won't be back for a year, maybe two years.  I need to
fix it now, so it's either live with the 495 MB RAM or buy more RAM here
in Ecuador.  I might try that, but I don't expect the prices to be very
reasonable.  Food is cheap here, but electronics are expensive.  Ecuador
uses the US Dollar as its currency.

It looks like the Pentium M processor with it's missing pae is going to be
troublesome.  Maybe I can go to an older version and get it to work.

Mike