On 12/14 10:48 , Jima wrote:
>  HP Pavilion laptops are consumer-grade.
<snip>
>  Now, in terms of build quality, neither of these will stand up to
> an older Latitude -- because they're not in the same product
> category.

I have limited experience with HP laptops, and even less so recently, but
based on what I've seen in the past, this is true. Most really big companies
will have one level of quality for one market, and another quality for
another market. (This is true even when it's not obvious - a DeWalt power
drill bought at Lowe's is not the same drill as one bought at Ace Hardware.
Some corners were cut to meet a price point, and the tool will wear out
sooner).

So we shouldn't make a blanket statement that 'all HP laptops are crap'. The
low-end ones probably are tho.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator