Yes: HP Corp and products have gone downhill since then.  Check your data,
and rely less on your various opinions.  My initial discovery of the HP
shoddy design and lacking mechanical / environmental product line specs was
long ago, but it has not been fixed, and Dell remains the superior pro
gear... by spec, by enduring performance, and by market share.  For a laptop
that sits around or is only carried about within the office, it doesn't
matter much, and HP seems fine in that context, but not for durable
transport, etc.

Chuck