I recently bought two D830 dual core lease return laptops for about $140 and
am VERY happy with them.  2.2 Ghz dual core CPUs, 4G RAM, and I added 750Gb
hard drives.  These have all the bay, docking, and tilt stand options that
are interchangeable back to D800s, etc.  My D810s are still doing fine, but
I wanted more and newer, yet retaining my accessory compatibility and
DURABILITY.  The new E series uses different accessories that are not as
economical, nor as available on the used market, and the spec differences
are minimal IMHO.

Chuck