VNC can be a bit flakey when operating cross platform. If you have 3 or
fewer Windows and Mac computers you might want to try LogMeIn. Easy to
setup, no mucking about with ssh forwarding of VPN configuration, and on
Windows you can grab your console. You still can't do multiple simultaneous
users unless you use a Windows Server OS. When accessing LogMeIn on Linux
I'm guessing you would have to have Java enabled on your browser, but they
might have a cross platform Firefox plugin. Last time I tried in Chrome it
kicked me to the Java version. When you first sign up LogMeIn will give you
30 days of the Pro edition, and if you don't pay them and have 3 or fewer
computers it will drop to the free edition (and occasionally ask you to
upgrade to the paid edition again, which can be ignored indefinitely.)

--
Andrew Zbikowski
http://andy.zibnet.us/