On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Munir Nassar <tclug at beitsahour.net> wrote:
> And yes, i can and have disabled all that. But the fact that the
> Ubuntu devs thought it was a good idea in the first place tells me
> that they have an even more limited user base targeted. than the usual
> Linux developers and i am not in that user base.

Of course.  Nobody who knows anything about GNU/Linux is going to be
happy with the default configuration.  That is no reason to dismiss
the entire system.  I stripped off most of the daemons from my
installation and installed e17.  The truth of the matter is that most
computer users are attracted by systems with gazillions of easy-to-use
bells and whistles, and most computer users have fast enough computers
to handle word processing and web browsing (the only two things most
computer users will do) with these CPU-clogging features.

--
Max Shinn
max at BernsteinForPresident.com