> I also find the key shortcuts to change between screen windows to be
> easier to execute than the typical shortcuts to switch between
> separate xterms (though this could likely be overcome by making some
> custom shortcuts).

This is very true.
The key-binding/shortcuts for *tmux* also stream line my working habits.
I don't need to move my hands away from the keyboard and I don't need to do
any odd shortcuts that might be default for the X Session.
The default shortcuts can be easily changed, so that is really just me
being lazing and sticking with what works for me.

-> Jake