Hey Rob,

I'd be glad to tell you my work routine.
I do use *tmux* at home where I have X running on my desktop.
I use it at home out of force of habit, mostly. I, personally, don't have
any qualms with having a tabs open in a xterm or anything like that.

However, when I am at my office I am working on headless servers via *ssh*.
I use *tmux *there because I can't really have multiple *Putty* instances
open to the same server; Well, I *can*, but I don't like to.
So, I just *ssh* in the server,  fire-up *tmux, *and start working as I
would normally in a shell.
Another thing I* *think is great about *tmux,* If I lose my *ssh *connection
to the server, I don't lose my session(s)/data/work.
I just *ssh *back in and re-attach my *tmux* session and I'm back to work.

-> Jake