Andrew has mentioned the aliasing option. if you want more than one of
these this is the way to go. add this to you apache conf file:

Alias /site1 "/home/myaccount/webdev/site1"
Alias /site2 "/home/myaccount/webdev/site2"
Alias /site3 "/home/myaccount/webdev/site3"

or, alternatively, a one liner with different directory structure
Alias /site "/home/myaccount/webdev/site"

then put your sites in
/home/myaccount/webdev/site/1
/home/myaccount/webdev/site/2
/home/myaccount/webdev/site/3