If you are hosting large files for download, DO NOT use Dreamhost. A
client of mine used to host video and audio files, some as large as
100mb. Their unlimited bandwidth IS NOT unlimited. After about 2Gb of
bandwidth your site is throttled way down.

I don't know of any good shared hosting systems that allow for a lot of
bandwidth without throttling. I use HostGator, and I host some large
files, but I put them on Amazon S3. I wonder if you could go that route.
Are you using FTP to distribute or a web based interface?

On 09/16/2011 07:56 AM, Jeremy MountainJohnson wrote:
> Take a look at Dreamhost. I've been with them for a few years and
> haven't had many problems. Cheap hosting for what you get (around $10
> month since I prepay). They offer mostly unlimited bandwidth shared
> Linux hosting (unless Taylor Swift publicly endorses Swift Linux you
> should be fine). Personal backup space (50 GB), e-mail accounts, SSH
> access, mySQL, and Drupal as a one click add-in (I prefer installing
> CMS myself, and they let you do that too). If you decide to look into
> it, I'd shoot an e-mail to their sales people since you're not a
> profit oriented entity- they are generous with discounts and charity
> work. They also have dedicated hosting, so you wouldn't have to switch
> host providers if you want to substantially upgrade your hosting
> service.
>
> Good luck,
>
> --
> Jeremy MountainJohnson
> Jeremy.MountainJohnson at gmail.com
>

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Jeremy MountainJohnson
> <jeremy.mountainjohnson at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> --
>> Jeremy MountainJohnson
>> Jeremy.MountainJohnson at gmail.com
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Jason Hsu<jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com>  wrote:
>>> My Swift Linux web site is up for renewal in early November.  My current web host is Fatcow, which offered me a $44 special for one year but will now charge me $88/year.
>>>
>>> The things I'm looking for are:
>>> 1.  Support for Drupal
>>> 2.  A relatively low REGULAR price: I'm not interested in a temporary special deal, because I do NOT want to change web hosts in the future.