Larry Clemens:
> We sell them at our thrift store (2939 12^th Ave S., Mpls --about a
> block from the old Sears bldg., now the Midtown Exchange bldg.)for $50 +
> tax, but to folks who say the magic words., "Linux is great!", the price
> is $45 + tax,  or three for $120 + tax.

I'm not sure if Linux is great.  I like it more than Windows, but
that's about all I can say.  The following is a quote from James
Kanze on a C++ forum earlier this week.

"I don't know about OS X, since I've never used it,
but it's true that Linux and Windows services are
far from robust.  Neither are really what I'd take
as a model.  (I wouldn't use either Linux or Windows
if I needed a reliable server.)"

--
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises