i personally love ubuntu 11.10.  the interface is very inviting.  though
when you install edubuntu through the software center it wipes out the
interface and gives you the standard gnome.  so my workaround was to just
install the edubuntu software individually; no big problem.  i always
install it as a second operating system for customers who i can talk into
trying linux.