On Sun, 30 Oct 2011, Jason Hsu wrote:

> I'd especially like to hear from those of you who recently switched to
> Ubuntu from another OS.

Well I went from Mint to Ubuntu if that helps. And then I actually
installed Mythbuntu on my desktop because regualr Ubuntu was being stupid
about playing hidef video, but mythbuntu on my media center had no
problems.

So then Mythbuntu on my desktop was being stupid about playing hidef video
AND about audio.

But I kicked it around a bit and now it's all working.

(Ubuntu likes to have it's desktop environment control everything, and
since I don't use it I have to go and manually add myself to the audio
group. As for the video, for some reason a symlink to an nvidia library
was not being created on the desktop).

I know this isn't really the kind of story you wanted but what the hell.

-Yaron