Hi there,

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011, David Alanis wrote:

> But just how do I convince my 60 year old mother to stop using facebook
> and that she should concern for her privacy?

You can have her talk to my 60-year-old mother who signed up for facebook
and promptly cancelled her account because she felt her privacy was
invaded.

Then again my mom also has a rooted Android phone which she installed
cyanogenmod on.

The /real/ answer is that, sadly, you can't. If your mom (and millions
upon millions of other people) see value in using Facebook, they will use
it. As far as they're concerned, it's a free service, though you and I
know they're actually the merchandise.

Personally I'd just sit back and wait for facebook to implode.

-Yaron