Jason,

PC LinuxOS solves this by leaving *Office off the CD but having a
script called lomanager that installs/removes/updates *Office.
They put an icon on desktop for it during Linux install so new user
will find it easily.
Their LiveCD should let you try it to see if it is an approach you
want to take.

Regards,
Bob