The version of Xen sold by Citrix works well for this.  There were
Windows driver issues back when I started with it, but I think those
are resolved now.  If you're planning to automate the system with
puppet or chef, I think you'll get the best results with Xen.

If you want to do it manually, you might find VirtualBox to be more
user friendly.  It can be challenging to do complicated networking
with that system, but once it's up it tends to be rather easy to
manage.

-Josh