Guys,

My day job is looking for a good VM lead and I thought of you. Well, ok, I thought you could get me some good leads.

We're looking into an alternative to VMWare vSphere 5, one that will run under whatever OS (we're not sold to Windows for our base configuration) and will support any OS on top of it (BSD, Linux, Windows, etc.).

Links to whitepapers and pricing (if applicable) would also be appreciated. We're going to utilize most of this machine to run various video surveillance solutions but will also reserve some smaller slices for our network communications (DNS, DHCP, ipTables, Nagios, etc.).

Thanks!

--
Ryan