On Thu, 24 Nov 2011, Andrew Berg wrote:

> Mike Miller wrote:
>> It was a very trollish query.  I was tempted to recommend that he stick
>> with Windows, if he loves it so much.
>
> I'm sorry if I came across that way. I'll put this another way: I want
> to move away from Windows and would like help because I do not know
> everything. Also, when did I say I loved Windows? I don't see how I even
> implied that.

I'm sorry I misread your message.  To me it seemed to be saying "I want to
use Linux instead of Windows, but I can't find any Linux desktop that can
compete with Windows desktop."  I personally don't see Windows desktop as
better than Gnome 2 in any important way, so I didn't understand what you
were looking for or complaining about.

Maybe I don't think too much about the desktop because I spend so much
time working from a terminal window -- not that it's better (but it might
be), it's just that I started using UNIX systems via telnet connection and
I had no graphics at all for years.  I still do all file management from
the command line and almost every program is launched from the command
line.  I don't use nautilus much.

Mike