On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, Chuck Cole wrote:

> Check preferences for good beer and good pizza versus crummy taps and crummy pizza.

Ok, I was kinda trying to stay out of this a little bit, but frankly I
hate that we call them 'beer meetings'. It kind of sets up an expectation
that there'll be, you know. Beer, and people seem to always expect they'll
therefore be at a bar/pub/whatever. Or at least somewhere that also serves
drinks.

There are people on this list who don't drink, and just really don't like
that kind of atmosphere. I'll wager there are active members on the list
who legally aren't allowed in some such establishments due to age
restrictions, too.

Can't we just call it a "TCLUG Gathering" and then it can just be
wherever?

Also, and I know this is very counter-what-I'm-actually-doing, but for
goodness sake, the guy organising the thing gets to chose the location.
All this "Hey guys, lets have the next meeting at X" and then everyone
goes "Y is better" and "Z has more Street Cred" etc etc. Not EVERYTHING
has to be a committee.

I haven't been to a 'beer meeting' in forever. I'd love it if we stopped
having them at bars because I'd kinda like to go again.

-Yaron