I've been noticing that about 90% of what I watch comes from local
channels that I think all have digital broadcasts.  These would be the
local PBS, ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox stations.  It seems like a bad idea to
pay $80/mo for DirecTV (HD) if I can get the HD on those stations for free
over the airwaves and record the content to my computer (which is already
connected by HDMI to the HDTV)

So I'm wondering if any of you are doing this -- can you get good signals
over the airwaves with no antenna outside the home?

I'm also wondering about using the Ubuntu box as a DVR.  Apparently there
is this thing called MythTV, but I don't know much about it, yet.  Is it
possible to add DVR capability to an ordinary Ubuntu 10.10 installation?

Mike