Old guard? I've been using Linux for less than 4 years. I didn't tell Jason
not to post, but I thought he might want to make his posts more visible. I
hardly think my comment could be considered chastisement. Having spoken
with Jason in person multiple times, I do not think he received my post
that way, but if he did, I would have been more than happy to explain my
reasoning. It seems like you are inferring quite a bit.

Not intending to offend (once again),